This class is for the new AR Owner/Shooter. With input from Chris Costa, this class has been designed to introduce the new AR shooter to the Safety, Operation and Maintenance of the AR Weapons platform.
The following items will be covered in this class:
- AR Safety
- Iron Sight and/or Optic Sight Zeroing
- Shooting Fundamentals
- Cadence of Fire
- Shooting Positions
- Working Distances
- Basic Weapons Maintenance
Intro to Carbine is also considered a prep class for advanced training, including the Costa Ludus Carbine Elements Theory 1.
TIME: 9a - 5p
DATES: CLICK HERE to see Schedule
GEAR / EQUIPMENT / REQUIREMENTS
- Safe and Functional Duty Grade Carbine
- 300 rounds factory new or factory re-manufactured ammunition (no home reloads)
- Serviceable sling (tactical type preferred)
- Minimum 3 serviceable carbine magazines
- Minimum 1 carbine magazine pouch - or method to carry spare magazines.
- Optics are optional, but highly recommended
- Eye and Ear Protection
- Weapon cleaning and lubrication supplies
- Under 18 must be accompanied by parent or guardian
- Weather appropriate clothing and gear (i.e. gloves, sunscreen, etc.)
- No felony convictions, indictments, or recipient of a restraining order